Sunday, June 22, 2008

What the....why me????

Olympiad Maths Competition.....University of Malaya...with Khai Shien, Ken and Brandon....Saturday 8.30am be in Taylors for a shuttle to the university....sounds like a plan....

So....i woke up around 5.30am...with full of zest and determination..i got ready....overly formal i think..=]..walked to the bus stop..listening to my songs on my PSP while waiting for the public bus to come....at approximately 6.30am.. a Metro number 10 arrived and i thought to my self..aaahh..what a lucky day since the driver did not use the short cut which will not pass my bus stop....paid 90 cents..still listening to my PSP...around 20 minutes later...i heard a faint explosion as my earphones were still on me....and i noticed the bus slowly moved to the shoulder of the road...it seems that the drive belt in the engine snapped and everybody was stranded..but the conductor assured all of us that another bus will arrive shortly...i was scared i might miss the shuttle but i thought nahhh..there is still alot of time...its only 7.00am...so all of the passesngers including me sat by the roadside...i had nothing else to do but listen to my songs..

So we waited and waited and waited..it was already 7.55am...i still chilled because campus was kinda nearby...8.10am another Metro number 10 bus could be seen coming...slowly but surely...
Like the malaysians we all were, we never bothered to line up and started to clog up the bus doors...we were to busy pushing and shoving each other that we never realised the freaking bus was PACKED LIKE A SARDIN CAN!!!!....the bus driver of the second bus just said "woi...tunggu untuk bas lain..ni dah penuh"

I was like WAT THE....and when i reached for my pocket....i realised that my phone was still charging at home...and the time on my watch showed 8.15am...ok..now i started to panic....
so i did not waste any second and started walking towards campus...AND THE FARKED UP PART WAS THAT THERE WAS NO BLOODY CABS ON THE ROAD....so i walked and walked and walked....it was already 8.50am...i was like wat the....but i still walked...not just any walk..i was like on the verge of running...and campus was still far...

I was like swearing and cursing God at that time.....but then i saw a phone booth...i thanked God..so i ran towards it and found as many coins i could...and then reality struct me again in the face.....i did not remember ken's,khai shein's or even brandon's number...nevermind...i thought of my dad...i called him...and of all places he was in...he was at my home...so i told him my problem...

Superman to the rescue!!!!!!!!....woohoo...i thought i was saved and hope that i could make it in time..it was already 9.20am....my dad came....and how thoughtful of him to bring my phone....and i was like wat the... when i saw the number of miss calls i got...haixxx...but then khai shien sms'd me that there was a 3rd bus....so we rushed to campus...and i saw a yellow school bus...i ran to it...only to find that it wasn't the shuttle to the university....someone please tell me HOW IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!